Katie, Colton, Conner & Jeff

Katie, Colton, Conner & Jeff
My soul mate, Jeff, and Katie, Colton and Conner, the three gifts from God that call me "Mom"

Saturday, September 7, 2013

I Hope You Dance, Meredith!

Today's blog post is dedicated to a wonderful, beautiful young lady, Meredith Martin.  I met Meredith a little over a year ago, and she has deeply blessed my life.  Meredith is a smart, witty, charismatic woman, and you fall in love with her the moment that you meet her!  Her smile and zest for life is contagious!



Today begins an exciting new journey for Meredith, as she moves to Tuscaloosa, Alabama for graduate school at her beloved University of Alabama.  (Roll Tide!)  I can only imagine her anxiousness, nervousness, and bubbling-over-the-top enthusiasm, as she and her parents head south on I-65 this morning.  Prayers with Gary and Leah as they leave their baby girl in her new home, and prayers for her sweet sister, Chelsea, who is going to have part of herself missing, with Meredith gone. 

But life is a dance, and we learn as we go.  Waltzes end, and tangos begin.  One of my favorite songs, is by country singer, Lee Ann Womack.  Meredith -- I hope you dance.  I KNOW you will dance, and what a beautiful dance your life is going to be!  I love you, baby girl! 

"I Hope You Dance"


I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin',
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin',
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider,
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone.)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

Dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance..
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone)

No comments:

Post a Comment