Katie, Colton, Conner & Jeff

Katie, Colton, Conner & Jeff
My soul mate, Jeff, and Katie, Colton and Conner, the three gifts from God that call me "Mom"

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Friends for the Seasons of Life

Our minister recently spoke of seasons in our lives.   As I sit in my kitchen on this VERY cold February morning (thinking ahead to warmer days), God put these thoughts on my heart to share with you--some old friends, some new friends.

This life is filled with different seasons. There are seasons of spring--refreshing and filled with newness! Life stands as a bare canvas before us. We journey together down life's crossroads with few preconceived ideas and sometimes awestruck wonder. We feel invincible; young and carefree. Life stands ready for us! We are able to overcome anything!

There are seasons of summer--when warmth and sunlight fill our lives. Times are happy; life is blessed. The seas of life roll in and out like the ocean's tide. Sometimes those ocean currents may become rough, but there are always lifelines sent to save us. Then there is peace once more. Life is good again, and we thank God for his showers of blessing in our lives.

Days of autumn can bring sudden and frequent change in our lives. Some of these changes are expected like the beautiful colors of orange, yellow, and red that show the wonders of God's handiwork. Some of the changes are not so beautiful, and shake us to our soul. Life always changes, but we often resist those changes, and long for the familiar things that grant us serenity.

Sometimes chilly winds of winter seem to take over our lives. Things happen that numb us to our core. We long for the warmth of sunshine and the end of those dark, dreary days. Occassionally, a beautiful snow falls during this time that covers the bleakness like a soft, warm blanket. That warmth reminds us that this too shall pass.

So for my friends, I want you to know how thankful I am those God chose to put you in my life!  Regardless of the season, you have been a constant friend to me. You've stood with me at those crossroads, and given me support to make those hard decisions. You've withstood those sometimes rough ocean currents, and have a many times been that lifeline pulling me back to shore. You have held me closely when life's changes have sometimes shaken my faith. You've covered me like that warm blankets when winter's chill froze my heart.

I wanted you to know that you are a cherished friend, and I thank God for you. Where would we be in this world without one another?

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I look forward to reading more of your writings.

    ReplyDelete